We wish you a warm welcome to Weltzien Skypark, the flying community and home of Northern Ohio’s largest Flight School. (Skypark is a Part 61 operation).
Weltzien Skypark is a privately owned airport that is open to the public. The address is 3071 Greenwich Road, Wadsworth, Ohio 44281 which is 35 miles south of Cleveland, Ohio. The phone number is 330-334-9921 and email is email@example.com
1. If you’d like to learn to fly–or have questions about what’s involved, you can take a one-time flight for $65 to see if flying is for you. Come out to the airport, call 330-334-9921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. (If you phone, please leave a message, we might be out flying).
2. Skypark rents Cessna 150s, 152s, 172s and a 182 with retractable landing gear. All aircraft are rented “wet” which means the fuel is included in the hourly cost.
Rental rates for members (membership is $60 per year): Cessna 150 is $62 per flight hour; Cessna 152 is $65 per flight hour; Cessna 172 is $87 per flight hour, and the Cessna 182 with retractable landing gear is $149 per flight hour. If you’re inclined to do so, you can buy blocks of 100 flight hours in advance–$6200, $6500, etc.
Flight Instruction averages $25 per flight hour.
There is no minimum flight hours per day if the aircraft is used for multiple days i.e., you fly out of state for a 7 day vacation.
All rates are subject to change. Call 330-334-9921 or email email@example.com for more information.
3. Private Pilot Ground School is in session. This classroom training is Wednesday nights from 6:30 to 9pm; the last class is 30 March. Come sit through a class and see if you like it–then make your decision to join or not. The cost is $150, call 330-334-9921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
4. Spring trip is 11 – 13 March and is a flight to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama (450 nautical miles). You don’t need to be a pilot to attend–it’s a great opportunity to learn what traveling is like in a small airplane. Expect to spend more than $250 but less than $600–depending on how many goodies you buy. Call 330-334-9921 or email email@example.com for details.
5. On 16 April we’re having the Poker Flight where we fly around the state of Ohio gathering the best poker hand. It’s a lot of fun–come on out.
6. On 23 April we’re having the “Student Flight” where pilots and student pilots take a cross-country. (Anyone can go….) This year we’re going to Port Clinton airport for some fine dining at the Tin Goose diner.
We hope to see you.